Please read through this policy document in detail to understand exactly what data we store and process and what rights you have with respect to that data. This notice applies to all functionalities of our site, browsing, purchasing, account management and all other related services
- When you pay for goods on https://shop.themuffliquorcompany.com, you will use our Payment provider, Realex Payments. We use a Hosted Payment Solution, in which the Credit Card data you enter is never stored on our site but is processed via Stripe Servers. We do not store your Credit Card information and all legal and compliance regulations for Credit Card data is accounted for by Stripe Payments.
Who we are?
https://shop.themuffliquorcompany.com is operated by Insignia Spirits Limited.
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that our site is up to all modern Web Standards for data storage and security, complies with all relevant Data Protection and Data Governance laws, including GDPR requirements.
To get in contact with us about data privacy issues, concerns, questions or requests we have a dedicated Data Protection Officer who will handle any queries, please visit the contact us page and get in touch with your query.
What information do we collect?
As a user of https://shop.themuffliquorcompany.com, there are several different ways in which we collect data on our Customers and Visitors, those are as follows:
- Creating an account
- Searching our products
- Placing an Order
- Sign up for Newsletter
- Adding a product to our Cart
- Fill out information on certain pages on the site
- Interact with our Social Media profiles
- Through our contact page
- If you send us any messages or emails
As a user of our site, you can choose to sign up and become a customer, or to place an order and use our site as a Visitor, depending on which you choose, will depend on how much data we collect. As a visitor you still need to provide us with your personal details so that we can process and fulfil your order.
The following is a list of all personal information that we collect through all these methods outlined above:
First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email Address, Delivery Address, Invoice Address, Phone Number, County, Order Details and Order History, Page Views, Cart Details, Contact Messages, IP Address
The definition of ‘Personal Data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Please note, at any time, you can visit your account dashboard by visiting My Account and logging into your account to see all your personal information that we store on you, as well as request it to be removed. From your account dashboard, on the left-hand side you will see a link ‘My Personal Data’. From here you can request to download all personal data we store on you as well as request that your data be erased permanently from our database.
How do we use personal information?
We primarily use your personal information to fulfil your order on our site, and to analyze, track and improves upon your experience on our site.
We will only share your personal information to our trusted delivery and third party logistic partners so that we can fulfil your order and provide you with this service. This is so that they can then pick, pack and ship your order to you.
We also use your personal information for:
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (e.g. prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Contained within the GDPR guidelines, we have three legal grounds for processing your data, namely
- legal obligation
We also have legal obligation to store order details and as website usage data for prevention of fraud, crime investigation and auditing purposes.
When do we share personal data?
Your personal data is treated with the utmost confidentially and is only every shared to legitimate third party partners and processed to provide our services and conduct our business operations.
We will share your order information with our delivery partner, and our third-party warehouse to be able to ship your product to you and provide you with our service.
How do we secure personal data?
We have our website hosted in a highly secure data center, where physical access is extremely limited, and related physical devices such as servers, routers and switches are protected by Intrusion Detection systems as well as firewalls and other security related technologies.
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificates to encrypt any information via the internet to ensure that anybody trying to intercept it on the web will be unable to decipher it.
https://shop.themuffliquorcompany.com is fully GDPR compliant, and all data that is stored is done so in a manner that makes it very difficult to maliciously access. We have taken all necessary precautions to ensure that your data is safe and secure.
All our employees are fully trained and aware of the laws surrounding Data Protection and GDPR.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
In accordance with the law, we will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided to us.
If you will regularly use our service, we will keep your account open and personal information on file, this will give you the best experience on https://shop.themuffliquorcompany.com. We will periodically review all information stored and decide if it’s necessary to continue holding this data. When it is deemed unnecessary to continue storing your data it will be permanently erased.
We are required by law to keep all Order details for auditing and regulatory purposes, and therefore would be unable to remove this from our database. We can however remove your personal data at any moment.
If you have requested to have your data permanently removed from our site, we will securely and effectively erase all personal data we have in relation to your use of our site, expect for Order Details, which we are legally obliged to keep. You will no longer be associated with these Orders.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the new GDPR, you have rights with respect to the access and control of your personal data, and we have facilities in place to ensure you can exercise yours rights under this regulation. The GDPR states that as data subject, you have the
- The right to access your personal data and data portability
- The right to obtain rectification and/or erasure your personal data
- The right to give and withdraw consent
Under the GDPR, you must respect the right of data subjects to access and control their personal data. In your privacy notice, you must outline their rights in respect of:
- access to personal information
- correction and deletion
- withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- data portability
- restriction of processing and objection
- lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
We have a facility within your Account Dashboard (My Account) where you can exercise you rights to access, correct or delete your personal data. Please login to your customer account to view your data, download it in CSV or PDF format. The details on how request erasure of your data is contained within. You can withdraw your consent andor register a complaint with us, via our Contact page if necessary (Contact Us).
How to contact us?
If you would like to contact us for any data privacy related issues, GDPR requests, or requests to removeretrieve your data, please get in touch with us via any of the below.
By visiting this link: https://shop.themuffliquorcompany.com/contact-us
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: [email protected]
- By visiting this link: https://shop.themuffliquorcompany.com/contact-us
- Phone: +353 76 680 1065